Tuesday, July 14, 2009

July 31st, 10:00 AM


It's now official: At the end of this month, Jeff Rosenbluth (Producer/DP) and I will present "continue" to the Paralyzed Veterans of America in Washington D.C. That means we now have just over two weeks to finish the final assembly of video sequences. The fact that the end is near is both exciting and terrifying. Many have asked if I'm going to be depressed once the film is finished. They liken it to the process of getting married or having a baby. Once the the deed is done, what then? To be honest, I'm not sure how I'll feel. This thing has been a part of my life for the past seven plus years.


So, editing. As with all post-production, momentum and energy are crucial. There have been times when the momentum has come to a screeching halt. At those moments, it's difficult to start pedaling again. That's why I've asked my good friend and extremely competent editor, Tyler Smith to once again join the Merry Pranksters. Tyler helped us out in 2003, when Jeff and I were beginning to get test footage and see if this project could fly. Tyler is currently the assistant editor for "continue" and I'm happy as Hell to have him back on board.


Over the past several days, Tyler and I have assembled over six minutes of the final project. Seeing the individual sequences come together like jigsaw pieces, has been very exciting. I think the project is finally taking shape. As of this post, I have no idea what the final outcome will be... but I'm very optimistic.

More to come...

No comments: