Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Indy Film


Alright. I realize I'm a geek. But I had to say something quickly about the new Indiana Jones flick that opens tomorrow. This is the fourth film in one of the greatest cinema cereals of all time. And although the reviews have been polarizing, I'm still excited as hell to see the thing.

The original Indy film, Raiders, is why I got into video/film in the first place. It was 1981... opening night at the Villa Theater. I was 5 years old, standing in a line that wrapped around the building. Completely unaware that in just a couple of hours, I'd be watching a guys face melt down to the bone. Awesome! Not to mention one of the coolest rolling things (aside from wheelchairs) I would ever see. I'm talking about the boulder at the beginning.

So, will the fourth installment be as amazing as the first? Probably not. Raiders of the Lost Ark is THE film. But I still think Indy IV will be better than anything else released this year. Except of course our adaptive sports video. I mean, that goes without saying.

1 comment:

GustoBones said...

I am super excited to see this movie too. I just wish it had come out a few years ago. Raiders is one of my all time favorite movies too. I would love to hear a review after you see it. I am taking Scott to see it on Sat. night and I can't wait!!!